1. The name of the Society is UPPER ST̓ÁT̓IMC LANGAUGE CULTURE AND EDUCATION SOCIETY(USLCES).
2. The purposes of the USLCES are:
- to establish and operate the St̓át̓imc Language, Culture and
- to encourage the revival of the cultural heritage and language of the
- to collect, preserve and display items of historical and cultural significance
to the St̓át̓imc.
- to collect, evaluate and disseminate information to further the foregoing
- to educate the public in general and the St̓át̓imc in
particular toward the foregoing purposes.
- to purchase, lease or rent and hold lands and buildings or any interests therein for the purpose of creating facilities necessary to attain the purposes of the Society.
- to receive, acquire and hold gifts, donations, legacies and devices.
- to solicit and raise money to fund the purposes of the Society.
- to do everything incidental and necessary to promote and attain the
3. In the event of winding-up or dissolution of the Society, funds and assets remaining,
after all debts have been paid or provision for payment has been made, shall be paid or
transferred to a recognized Canadian charitable organization to be determined prior to,
or at time of dissolution.
4. The purposes of the Society shall be carried out without purposes of gain for its
members and any profits or other accretions to the Society shall be used for promoting
5. Paragraphs 3, 4 and this paragraph of the Constitution are unalterable in accordance
with the Society Act.
Back to Top